Home / Student Welfare & Service Department
Student Welfare and Services Department
The one-stop Student Services by Administrative Staff provides the following services to both international and local students:
- Orientation Services
- Course Schedule
- Course materials preparation
- Course evaluation and class visit
- Admission to final year/postgraduate degrees
- Application for course withdrawal, deferment and transfer
- Home leave and medical leave application (Please note that we only accept the original copy of the Medical Certificate which is issued by a general practitioner or a specialist registered with the Singapore Medical Council)
- Request for official letters, such as verification of student status, provisional transcripts, etc.
- Update of students’ particulars
- Fee payment
- Attendance control
- Refund request
- Renewal of Student Pass
- Lost & Found
- Deferment of Studies
- Other Services:
- Close collaboration with parents/guardians for students not exceeding 18 years of age;
- Career guidance programmes to assist students to proceed to higher education;
- Assistance to help international students to adapt to the local environment. For example, general or specialist health services (physiological, dental, mental), drug/alcohol abuse education, problem gambling, sexuality education etc.
- TEG International College is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the student’s personal information and undertakes not to divulge any of the student’s personal information to any third party without the prior written consent of the student.
All students are encouraged to meet with Programme Manager to seek assistance in resolving problems.
- Introduce the Course Administrator/Administrative Staff as point-of contact;
- Arrange English placement test or interview by Academic Director (ELT) for students from non-English speaking countries;
- Introduction of TEG (including Vision, Mission, Values and Culture), Tour of School Facilities;
- Registration & Enrolment
- Inform students of course admission requirements, modules and synopses, courses duration and classes schedule;
- Inform students of total fees payable throughout the course duration;
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Insurance Scheme
- Inform students of their rights (include dispute resolution procedure, student contract, reference to CPE’s official website);
- Medical Insurance Scheme;
- Inform students of course deferment/extension criteria and procedures, suspension and expulsion policy and procedure;
- Brief students on education pathway, examination fees and miscellaneous fees structure;
- Brief students on the transfer/withdrawal/refund policy;
- Brief students on relevant Singapore Laws/ ICA /STP/ School Rules and Regulations;
- Letter of Acceptance / Offer & reply;
- Conduct new student survey on agents/Sales & Marketing Staff (if students are recruited through authorised recruitment agency/Sales & Marketing Staff);
- Acknowledge the receipt of TEG Student Handbook, Course Handbook, and
- Give details of the organisation awarding the certificate (if applicable).
Exemption for Singaporean / PR students if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan. TEG which does not provide medical insurance coverage for any student not exempted will not be awarded the EduTrust certification.
TEG appoints medical insurance provider is AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd.
Students can download the group medical insurance policy’s coverage, any exclusion and claim procedure from TEG’s website. Students can download the group medical insurance policy’s coverage, any exclusion and claim procedure from here.
TEG will assign service Administrative staff/ Sales & Marketing staff /agent to pick up students from the airport and send students to the hostels recommended by TEG. The service Administrative staff / Sales and Marketing staff/ Agent will provide students with information on medical check-up, the location of nearby banks, MRT stations, bus-stops.
TEG will also assist international students to complete the formalities at Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Singapore.
Hostel service providers recommended by TEG are:
Westwood Hostel Pte Ltd
7 Jurong West Ave 5 #02-06
- 24-hour Air-conditioned;
- Ceiling Fan;
- Common Writing Desk;
- Individual Steel Locker;
- Electrical & Water utility charges;
- Common Pantry with cooking facilities (Cooking utensil not included);
- Common Eating Area;
- Common Bathroom;
- Instant Hot/Cold Water Dispenser with snacks & drink machine;
- Self-service Coin-operated launderette;
- Basketball Court;
- Gym Room;
- Self-service iron corner
Amenities and services may vary for each hostel and is subject to confirmation. TEG will not be responsible for any dispute that may arise between the student and the hostel.