Home / University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland, UK
The University of Sunderland, UK, is well recognised as an innovative, forward-thinking university with high standards of teaching, research and support. Apart from that , it has strong links with industry and business, and works closely with some of the world’s leading companies.
In the Guardian University Guide 2012, University of Sunderland was ranked the best new university in the North-East for the second year running. During 2011, University of Sunderland was ranked 2nd in tourism and ranked 14th in business and management studies according to the Guardian League Tables. In 2010, the University of Sunderland won the UK’s top student experience title at the annual Times Higher Education (THE) awards 2010. It is the sector’s most prestigious national awards.
The University currently has two main campuses, the City Campus and the Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St Peter’s.The City Campus lies at the heart of the vibrant city of Sunderland in the welcoming North East of England; acknowledged as one of Britain’s foremost attractions for its surviving historic and cultural heritage.It founded its Business School in the early 1990’s and prospered in physical expansion and reputation within five years.
The University is a modern and dynamic centre of education offering high quality teaching, variable and flexible courses, an extensive scholarship programme and excellent support services.The University is also committed to ensuring that students have the best learning environments and support by listening to, understanding and acting on their needs.
Its teaching has been recognised for excellence by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) in the UK.
Here are just a few reasons why choosing the University of Sunderland could be a life-changing decision.:
- Best University in the North East – Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015 (voted by students)
- Most Affordable University in the UK for International Students – A Complete University Guide 2016
- Highest Climber in The Guardian League Tables 2017– The Guardian
- Top 20 in the UK for 7 subjects including Mechanical Engineering, Tourism and Media– The Guardian League Tables 2017
- Best in the North East for course satisfaction in 6 subjects including Accounting and Finance, Fashion and Textiles and Sociology– The Guardian League Tables 2017
- Best in the North East for satisfaction with teaching in 6 subjects including Biosciences and Business, Management and Marketing– The Guardian League Tables 2017
- Top 10 in UK for Student Accommodation– Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015
- Top 5 in the world for satisfaction with residential service – International Student Barometer 2014
- Top 5 in UK for satisfaction with cost of living – International Student Barometer 2014
- Top 10 in the world for satisfaction with student advice – International Student Barometer 2014
- 94% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating – Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey 2016
- Top 5 Students’ Union in the UK– Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015
- Ten academic areas are classified as having ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ research
- Shortlisted for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2012
- Best new university in the North East, according to the Guardian University Guide 2012
- ‘World leading’ research in 10 subjects, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework