Certificate in Retail and Sales Management
Awarding BodyTEG International College
OverviewThe Certificate in Retail and Sales Management is particularly designed to equip students with the basic knowledge, skills and values relevant for career in the retail and sales industry. Students are required to demonstrate communicative skills throughout the qualification.
- To provide students broad understanding of retail and sales management strategies;
- To provide clear under-standing of how to create a good shopping experience that builds customer loyalty in retail environment;
- To provide clear understanding of retail merchandising functions, merchandise planning and buying and merchandising staff’s
- To introduce students to a range of functions within the retail industry, which includes, merchandise functions, serving retail customers, arranging merchandise for display and performing a variety of retail shop operations and sales management strategies
- To do industrial attachment on basic retail industry operational level functions, which includes, retailing, storing and inventory control
|Full Time:||6 months|
(3 months Institutional Studies +3 months Industrial Attachment)
- Basic Retail and Sales Management
- Retail Sales and Marketing
- Customer Service in Retail and Sales Industry
- Information Technology in Retail Industry
- Industrial Attachment: Essential of Retail & Sales Operation
Attendance RequirementsInternational Students (ICA student pass holder) must attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled course hours at all time. A minimum attendance of 75% must be achieved for local students (Singaporean, PR, Employment Pass, SPass and work permit holders etc.) who are not holding student pass. Students whose attendance is below 90% (ICA Student Pass holder) and 75% (local students) are not eligible to submit the assignment or sit for the examination.
A student who is absent or considered to be absent from class/session, must provide documentary proof i.e. Original Medical Certificate issued by a General Practitioner, Polyclinic or Hospital to his/her Course Administrator immediately on his/her return to school.
Graduation Requirements and ProgressionStudents are required to pass 5 modules of Certificate in Retail and Sales Management.