Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business (Business Management)
Pearson Education Ltd, United Kingdom
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business (Business Management) is designed to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification aims to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
The objectives of the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business (Business Management) are as follows:
- To equip students with business and management skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global business environment.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in business, including management, administration, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
- To provide insight and understanding into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised market place.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in business, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in business or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To provide opportunities for those students with a global outlook to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
|Full Time:||15 months
3 hours per day X 5 days a week
|Part Time:||21 months
3 hours per day X 3 days a week
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Financial Accounting
- Research Project
- Organisational Behaviour
- Statistics for Management
- Business Strategy
- Operations and Project Management
- Understanding and Leading People
- Global Business Environment
This programme consists of 15 modules at 15 or 20 credits per module
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
January, March, April, May, June, July, August, October, November, December
International Students (ICA student pass holder) must attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled course hours at all time. A minimum attendance of 75% must be achieved for local students (Singaporean, PR, Employment Pass, SPass and work permit holders etc.) who are not holding student pass. Students whose attendance is below 90% (ICA Student Pass holder) and 75% (local students) are not eligible to submit the assignment or sit for the examination.
A student who is absent or considered to be absent from class/session, must provide documentary proof i.e. Original Medical Certificate issued by a General Practitioner, Polyclinic or Hospital to his/her Course Administrator immediately on his/her return to school.
Graduation Requirements and Progression
Students are required to pass 15 modules/units of Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma. Successful students can progress into the final year of the Bachelor degree programme recommended by Pearson Education Ltd and/or TEG International College.