Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business (Management) (QCF) (Teach-out by Feb 2018)
Pearson Education Ltd, United Kingdom
This pathway will cover the main functions of management including facilitating and managing change and providing a vision for the future; managing financial resources, physical resources, technology, the management of information and knowledge and providing products and services; building relationships, developing networks and partnerships and managing people; and leading business operations and meeting customer needs.
- To equipping individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative, management and business;
- To providing specialist routes of study which relate to individual professions within the business world in which learners are working or intend to seek employment;
- To enabling progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in business or a related area;
To supporting individuals employed or entering employment in the business field;
- To developing the individual’s ability in the business field through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme;
- To developing a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment;
- To providing flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for future studies and career development in business.
|Full Time:||16 months
3 hours per day X 5 days a week
|Part Time:||22 months
3 hours per day X 3 days a week
- Business Environment
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Marketing Principles
- Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
- Business Decision Making
- Business Strategy
- Research Project
- Personal and Professional Development
- Working with and Leading People
- Managing Business Activities to Achieve Result
- Managing Communications, Knowledge & Information
- Quality Management in Business
- Small Business Enterprise
- Management Accounting: Costing and Budgeting
- Marketing Planning
This programme consists of 16 modules at 15 or 20 credits per module
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
January, March, April, May, June, July, August, October, November, December
International Students (ICA student pass holder) must attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled course hours at all time. A minimum attendance of 75% must be achieved for local students (Singaporean, PR, Employment Pass, SPass and work permit holders etc.) who are not holding student pass. Students whose attendance is below 90% (ICA Student Pass holder) and 75% (local students) are not eligible to submit the assignment or sit for the examination.
A student who is absent or considered to be absent from class/session, must provide documentary proof i.e. Original Medical Certificate issued by a General Practitioner, Polyclinic or Hospital to his/her Course Administrator immediately on his/her return to school.
Graduation Requirements and Progression
Students are required to pass 16 modules/units of Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma. Successful students can progress into the final year of the Bachelor degree programme recommended by Pearson Education Ltd and/or TEG International College.