Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (QCF)
Pearson Education Ltd, United Kingdom
The programme is designed to provide a wide range of engineering and management skills and you, as either an individual or part of a team, will need to solve technical problems and implement appropriate solutions.
You will start by learning the fundamental skills to understand basic engineering principles. As you progress through the course, its emphasis will focus in on a number of electrical and electronic subject areas.
The following are the learning objectives:
- To prepare a range of technical and management careers in electrical and electronic engineering;
- To develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable students to make an immediate contribution to employment at the appropriate professional level;
- To equip individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the electrical / electronic engineering-based industry;
- To provide specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions in which students are working or intend to seek employment in electrical / electronic engineering and its related industries;
- To enable progression to or count towards an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in electrical/electronic engineering in the related area;
- To provide a significant educational base for progression to Incorporated Engineer level.
|Full Time:||16 months|
3 hours per day X 5 days a week
|Part Time:||22 months|
3 hours per day X 3 days a week
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Management of Projects
- Control System and Automation
- Microprocessor Systems
- Combinational and Sequential Logic
- Electrical Power
- Analytical Method for Engineers
- Engineering Science
- Electronic Principles
- Further Electrical Principles
- Digital and Analogue Devices and Circuits
- Further Electrical Power
- Further Analytical Method for Engineers
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Engineering Design
General Optional Modules (can be selected by student)
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Mechanical Principles
- Materials Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
Programme StructureThis programme consists of 16 modules at 15 or 20 credits per module
Part time: January, March, April, May, July, August, September, November, December
International Students (ICA student pass holder) must attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled course hours at all time. A minimum attendance of 75% must be achieved for local students (Singaporean, PR, Employment Pass, SPass and work permit holders etc.) who are not holding student pass. Students whose attendance is below 90% (ICA Student Pass holder) and 75% (local students) are not eligible to submit the assignment or sit for the examination.
A student who is absent or considered to be absent from class/session, must provide documentary proof i.e. Original Medical Certificate issued by a General Practitioner, Polyclinic or Hospital to his/her Course Administrator immediately on his/her return to school.
Graduation Requirements and Progression
Students are required to pass 16 modules/units of Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma. Successful students can progress into the final year of the Bachelor degree programme recommended by Pearson Education Ltd and/or TEG International College.